The Jewish Ruler
- I pass now to the method of confirming the dynastic
roots of King David to the last strata of the earth.
- This confirmation will first and foremost be included in that
which to this day has rested the force of conservatism by our
learned elders of the conduct of the affairs of the world, in the
directing of the education of thought of all humanity.
- Certain members of the seed of David will prepare the kings
and their heirs, selecting not by right of heritage but by eminent
capacities, inducting them into the most secret mysteries of the
political, into schemes of government, but providing always that
none may come to knowledge of the secrets. The object of this mode
of action is that all may know that government cannot be entrusted
to those who have not been inducted into the secret places of its
- To these persons only will be taught the practical application
of the aforenamed plans by comparison of the experiences of many
centuries, all the observations on the politico-economic moves and
social sciences - in a word, all the spirit of laws which have been
unshakably established by nature herself for the regulation of the
relations of humanity.
- Direct heirs will often be set aside from ascending the throne
if in their time of training they exhibit frivolity, softness and
other qualities that are the ruin of authority, which render them
incapable of governing and in themselves dangerous for kingly office.
- Only those who are unconditionally capable for firm, even if
it be to cruelty, direct rule will receive the reins of rule from
our learned elders.
- In case of falling sick with weakness of will or other form of
incapacity. Kings must by law hand over the reins of rule to new and
- The king's plan of action for the current moment, and all the
more so for the future, will be unknown, even to those who are
called his closest counselors.
King of the Jews
- Only the king and the three who stood sponsor for
him will know what is coming.
- In the person of the king who with unbending will is master
of himself and of humanity all will discern as it were fate with
its mysterious ways. None will know what the king wishes to attain
by his dispositions, and therefore none will dare to stand across
an unknown path.
- It is understood that the brain reservoir of the king must
correspond in capacity to the plan of government it has to contain.
It is for this reason that he will ascend the throne not otherwise
than after examination of his mind by the aforesaid learned elders.
- That the people may know and love their king, it is
indispensable for him to converse in the market-places with his
people. This ensures the necessary clinching of the two forces
which are now divided one from another by us by the terror.
- This terror was indispensable for us till the time comes
for both these forces separately to fall under our influence.
- The king of the Jews must not be at the mercy of his passions,
and especially of sensuality: on no side of his character must he
give brute instincts power over his mind. Sensuality worse than all
else disorganizes the capacities of the mind and clearness of views,
distracting the thoughts to the worst and most brutal side of
- The prop of humanity in the person of the supreme lord of all
the world of the holy seed of David must sacrifice to his people all
- Our supreme lord must be of an exemplary irreproachability.
Signed by the Representative of Zion,
of the 33rd Degree